Easy Korean Stir Fry Chicken with Fermented Flavours
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil plus extra for drizzle
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 Broccoli head separated
- 200 g Button Mushrooms quartered
- 1 Capsicum sliced
- 200 g Chicken Breast cut into bite sizes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Kimchi Club Garlic
- 2bsp tbsp Kimchi Club Ginger
- 1 tbsp Kimchi Club Chilli
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 cup Short Grain
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup Black Rice
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, and add the onion, broccoli, and mushroom. Cook for 8-10 minutes and drizzle more oil if needed, stirring occasionally and add capsicum and cook until tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of the oil to the same pan, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until chicken turns golden.
- Return the vegetable mix to the chicken and add soy sauce. Stir and place the lid on pan. Allow cooking for a few minutes until the vegetables start to steam.
- Remove lid and combine Kimchi Club garlic, ginger and chilli and sesame oil to the pan.
- Serve with purple rice and top with extra Kimchi Club Chilli for an extra kick and Hot Kimchi!
- To prepare the rice, combine 1 cup of short-grain white rice, 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup of black rice and 1/2 cup of quinoa into a bowl, and soak for a half-hour or up to 2 hours. Rinse a couple of times with fresh water.
- Pour them into a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup chia seed, and add 2 cups of water. Place on a cooktop with medium heat until it boils. Once it boils turn down to low heat for another 10 minutes.
- After that turn the heat off and let it stand for another 10 minutes. Stir well especially from the bottom to make sure it doesn't get too sticky.