Korean Pork Chops with Kimchi Slaw
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 jar Kimchi Club BBQ, Hot or Hot Hot Bulgogi Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ cup spring onions, thinly sliced
- 7 cups cabbage, thinly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼-½ jar Kimchi Club Kimchi, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Kimchi Club BBQ, Hot or Hot Hot Bulgogi Sauce
- Marinade pork chops using about ¾ jar of bulgogi sauce. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes before cooking, longer if you can.
- While marinating, make the slaw and mayo dressing.
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C
- Heat a frying pan to medium then wipe off marinade with a paper towel to avoid charring your chops.
- Cook the chops for 3 minutes on each side then baste on the top with more marinade.
- Put the pan of chops in the oven for 10 minutes then allow to rest for 5 minutes more.
- Plate up your chops with a side of slaw. Drizzle the mayo dressing over each chop and sprinkle with thinly sliced spring onions.
- Mix the liquid ingredients, along with sugar and salt.
- Place cabbage and carrot in a bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Toss well and set aside for at least 20 minutes – while the chops cook. Toss well again before serving.
- Reserve the last few tablespoons of bulgogi sauce from the jar – not the used marinade!
- Thoroughly mix mayonnaise and sauce.