Bulgogi Sloppy Joes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 500 g minced beef
- ⅔ jar jar Kimchi Club BBQ, Hot or Hot Hot Bulgogi Sauce1
- 100 g Kimchi Club kimchi, roughly chopped (naked, beet, hot or hot hot)
- 4 brioche or potato buns2
- 1 handful spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sesame oil
- Heat a frying pan to medium then add the olive oil and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened (about 4 minutes).
- Add the beef and brown, using a wooden spoon to break up any large clumps, until no pink remains (about 5 minutes).
- Pour in the Bulgogi Sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up any small clumps of meat.
- While the meat is simmering, halve and toast the buns, then butter them.
- Pile just a little bit too much beef mixture on each of the buns, then top with a drizzle of sesame oil, handful of kimchi and sprinkle of spring onions.
- Serve with chips, coleslaw or salad.
- You can choose any of our bulgogi sauces for this recipe! If you like things a bit hotter we suggest trying our Hot Hot Bulgogi sauce.
- Brioche is the classic burger bun but potato buns are getting more popular and rightly so. With added potato starch they are moist in texture and help absorb all that yummy slop!