Easy Korean Stir Fry Chicken with Fermented Flavours
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzle
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 broccoli head, separated
- 200 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 200 g chicken breast, cut into bite sizes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Kimchi Club Garlic
- 2 tbsp Kimchi Club Ginger
- 1 tbsp Kimchi Club Chilli
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup short grain
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup black rice
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil, and add the onion, broccoli, and mushroom. Cook for 8-10 minutes (drizzle more oil if needed), stirring occasionally. Add capsicum and cook until tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of the oil to the same pan, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for until chicken turns golden and is cooked through.
- Return the vegetable mix to the chicken and add soy sauce. Stir and place the lid on pan. Cook until the vegetables start to steam.
- Remove lid and combine Kimchi Club garlic, ginger and chilli and sesame oil to the pan.
- Serve with purple rice and top with extra Kimchi Club Chilli for an extra kick and Hot Kimchi!
- To prepare the rice, combine 1 cup of short-grain white rice, 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup of black rice and 1/2 cup of quinoa into a bowl, and soak for a half-hour or up to 2 hours. Rinse a couple of times with fresh water.
- Pour them into a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup chia seed, and add 2 cups of water. Place on a cooktop with medium heat until it boils. Once it boils turn down to low heat for another 10 minutes.
- After that turn the heat off and let it stand for another 10 minutes. Stir well especially from the bottom to make sure it doesn't get too sticky.