Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pasta
Last weekend when we went to the local farmers market managed to pick up brussels sprouts and nitrate free bacon, which inspired us to create this dish. We hope this inspires you to cook too. 💕
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (plus extra for drizzle)
- 300g Bacon, cut into shreds
- 600g Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters
- 100g almonds, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons Kimchi Club garlic
- 2 tablespoon Kimchi Club chilli
- 600g spiral pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons Naked (or Hot) Kimchi Club kimchi
- Parsley, to garnish
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the olive oil and bacon and cook, for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp and golden. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the other half of the oil to same pan, add brussels sprouts and season with pepper. Cook over medium heat until sprouts have softened and drizzle with extra oil as needed.
- Add almonds to Brussels sprouts and cook till nuts are browned.
- Return bacon to pan, add Kimchi Club garlic and chilli. Season with pepper and add drained pasta.
- Serve hot and top with Naked or Hot Kimchi Club kimchi. Sprinkle parsley on top to garnish.